Bachelor Of Computer Applications(B.C.A.)
There are plenty of reasons to study BCA. There is an utmost need for skilled professionals to serve and solve the various problems in the world of technology and IT in India. Most of the students prefer to study this course because of the following advantages:
- It opens a pool of job opportunities in various fields, especially in the IT sector.
- BCA is almost equivalent to the BTech course. The major benefit of opting for BCA is that it is a 3-year program whereas BTech is a 4-year course.
- A handful of colleges offer BCA specialization as well as in the field of Data Science, Data Analytics, and Computer Science.
- There is an opportunity for students to go for higher studies too like MCA, to add an extra edge and update their skills & experience, which leads to career development.
- Students become proficient in well-used programming languages such as JAVA, C++, Python, CSS, Linux, etc. and enhances your technical skills as well.
- A candidate with a BCA degree is in huge demand since manpower is continuing to get replaced by the systems and the need for good skillful experts and professionals is there to operate and function.
- In terms of salary, BCA graduates can earn from INR 2.4-5 LPA in the starting and after getting industry experience and become proficient in advance technical skills, the salary hike can be around 30-40%
- Students seeking admission for B.C.A. -I must have passed the qualifying exam with a minimum percentage of 50% marks OR equivalent CGPA in any stream – Science(Medical & Non-Medical)/Arts/Commerce.
- Diploma holders from State Board of Technical Education are also eligible for pursuing B.C.A.
- SC candidates may have relaxation in qualifying for up to 47.5% or equivalent CGPA.