Bachelor Of Science (B.Sc): Non-Medical
The BSc course is a popular option for science students after Class XII. It provides a deep subject and practical knowledge in various fields like physical science, applied science, chemistry, mathematics, computer science, animation, etc.
Students who have a strong interest to learn interdisciplinary subjects of science and mathematics pursue this course.
- The course is ideal for students who want to go into research industries like pharmaceuticals, healthcare, manufacturing, IT industry, and so on.
- This course is fundamentally based on the basic principles of scientific studies namely Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry.
- B.Sc (Non-Medical) syllabus has been mindfully designed to offer students an all-inclusive insight into the dominant theories and basic concepts of science.
- Students acquire basic skills and knowledge to work in a dynamic environment as a researcher, teacher, lecturer, consultant, counselor, etc. Due to these major opportunities, many students prefer this degree.
- After BSc, students can go for higher studies and do a Master of Science (MSc) or Master of Computer Applications(MCA) or Master of Business Administration (MBA).
Why pursue BSc (Non-Medical)?
There are many advantages of this course, some of them are mentioned below:
- BSc courses provide deeper subject knowledge and practical knowledge in a chosen branch of science. It is mostly pursued by students who want to contribute to research and development. Usually, students do an MSc after BSc to enhance their skills and proficiency.
- Skills developed after a BSc degree are Research skills, Analytical skills, Observational skills, Scientific skills, Problem-solving skills, Logical skills, and Experimental skills.
- Students who wish to pursue multi interdisciplinary careers in the future can also go for this course.
- This course imparts knowledge regarding certain areas in four main science subjects, physics, chemistry, maths and computer science.
- This course is designed to develop key practical skills and knowledge in science.
- After successfully getting a BSc degree, one becomes eligible to earn INR 2-5 LPA.
- Various industries like Laboratories, Pharmaceutical Companies, Educational Institutes, Cosmetics Industry, Health Care Industry, etc are open to hiring these graduates.
- Every year top recruiting companies like Bodal Chemical Ltd, HGS, Nestle, Apollo, Tata Chemicals, etc hire a large number of these degree holders.
- Future benefits of this course include increased theoretical and practical knowledge and developing research and experimental skills required in any research-based organization or institute that will prepare students for many diverse and exciting careers.
- A student seeking admission for the B. Sc. Ist must have passed the qualifying examination with 45% marks in 10+2 examination with PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Maths)